I was initially tempted to put 'systemd' as the package, however, today I tried 
booting using 'upstart' and the PC still hung. So I've nominated the image as a 
best guess and because I received an email urging me to nominate a package, but 
in truth, I'm not sure.
Something I have noticed today is that the "... Probe failed ..." message did 
not show. Also the latest update was applied yesterday.
Correct image is being used as a 'uname -r' shows '3.19.0-25-generic'.
I _can_ get rolling, but any help / pointers would be appreciated.

** Package changed: ubuntu => linux (Ubuntu)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1480642

Title:
  systemd-boot

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Following advice as per Release Notes
  (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VividVervet/ReleaseNotes)

  Just upgraded from 14.10 to 15.04 and now  Ubuntu fails to start from 
powering up. I select 'ubuntu' on the grub loader screen and then get a blank 
screen. Computer just hangs. Have tried Ctrl + Alt  + 1 etc, and also leaving 
for several minutes but nothing happens.
  Once I power down manually and restart and try again I see a message 'ACPI 
PCC Probe failed, starting version 219' and PC boots OK.

  This has repeated each time from scratch.

  FYI 
  lsb_release -rd
  RegardsDescription:    Ubuntu 15.04
  Release:        15.04

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1480642/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to