Some more information:

In some cases I am able to pair the device, but it does not connect
using HFP, and does not connect to ofono. It is just an A2DP sink and I
can use it to hear music but not for calls.

See

http://paste.ubuntu.com/15241647/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/15241661/

This device has also and odd behaviour on desktop/wily. When I connect
it, initially it is shown only as an audio sink. If I disconnect the
device, then connect again from the indicator, it uses HFP and I see
both MIC and audio sink for the device. But this reconnect trick does
not work for Touch unfortunately.

It seems that some race condition is happening and it does not select
HFP as the first option.

Packages, which is subscribed to bluez in Ubuntu.

  Cannot pair Jabra Classic headset

Status in bluez package in Ubuntu:

  I cannot pair a jabra classic headset. When I try to connect,
  initially it all looks good: the bluetooth icon on the top bar changed
  to a white background. But after a couple of seconds the device is
  disconnected.

  This headset used to work well previously, although I do not remember
  if it was with bluez 4 or 5 too.

  This happens in

  current build number: 269
  device name: krillin
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2016-02-29 08:59:57
  version version: 269
  version ubuntu: 20160227
  version device: 20160108-efc96d8
  version custom: 20160111-926-36--vivid

  I see errors like this in syslog (see attached file):

  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: Not enough free handles to
register service
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: Error adding Link Loss service
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: Not enough free handles to
register service
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: message repeated 2 times: [
Not enough free handles to register service]
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: Current Time Service could
not be registered
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: gatt-time-server:
Input/output error (5)
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: Not enough free handles to
register service
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: Not enough free handles to
register service
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: Sap driver initialization
failed.
  Feb 29 08:27:43 ubuntu-phablet bluetoothd[902]: sap-server: Operation not
permitted (1)