This looks to have been fixed in 0.8.0.  If you are still able to
reproduce this with 0.8.0 or later please reopen this bug.  Thank you
for reporting.

** Changed in: ubuntu-fan (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-fan (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-fan (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Andy Whitcroft (apw)

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-fan in Ubuntu.

  fanctl down -e returns 1 (and breaks devops scripts)

Status in ubuntu-fan package in Ubuntu:

  While writing a Juju layer that uses the fan technology I am running
  into a problem.

  The charm calls:

  fanatic enable-docker 250.0.0.0/8 10.0.0.0/16

  But when the overlay or underlay options are unset I want to
  unconfigure the fan. I tried to use the command.

  fanctl down -e

  But that command returned a non-zero response.  I turned on xtrace for
  the script to see what is going on. The xtrace indicates the command
  should RET=0 but somehow is exiting with a 1. Here is the xtrace when
  I ran the command manually.

  # fanctl down -e
  + state_dir=/run/ubuntu-fan
  + opt_v=
  + getopts :vs: opt
  + shift 0
  + [ 2 -lt 1 ]
  + cmd=down
  + shift
  + id -u
  + [ 0 -ne 0 ]
  + [ 1 -eq 1 -a -e = -a ]
  + [ 1 -eq 1 -a -e = -e ]
  + cmd_down_all_full
  + slices_scan down true __cmd_down_payload
  + local why=down
  + local select=true
  + local payload=__cmd_down_payload
  + shift 3
  + lock -x
  + local mode=-x
  + [ ! -d /run/ubuntu-fan ]
  + [ ! -f /run/ubuntu-fan/.lock ]
  + [ ! -r /run/ubuntu-fan/.lock ]
  + exec
  + flock -x 9
  + err=0
  + found=1
  + [ /run/ubuntu-fan/slice-state-* = /run/ubuntu-fan/slice-state-* ]
  + continue
  + RET=0
  + return 1
  + exit 1