I experienced the bug with the following kernel: Linux XPS-13-9350 3.19.0-64-generic #72~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jun 24 17:59:48 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I downloaded all the deb files from your link and tried to install them, see http://paste.ubuntu.com/18442758/ but linux-tools failed. I did not understand why and rebooted anyway to try. After rebooting I think I still had the old kernel and standby got more broken. Closing the lid and then opening it did not switch the screen back on and I had to use the power button to switch the laptop off and on. It seems like the package manager could resolve these issues, see http://paste.ubuntu.com/18442801/ After that I tested with the new kernel Linux XPS-13-9350 3.19.0-64-generic #72 SMP Thu Jun 30 18:23:54 CST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and I closed/opened the lid a few (4) times. The sound still works fine, but at least once the mouse pointer disappeared for me. I could still use the touchpad to move the cursor and click things, but the cursor was invisible so I did not know where the cursor was located. I will test more to see if that happens more often. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1595803 Title: [i915_bpo][SKL] Display core init/uninit updates Status in linux package in Ubuntu: In Progress Bug description: At the moment, our i915_bpo driver on Vivid (kernel version: Ubuntu-3.19.0-62.70) lacks certain patches which fix the display core init/uninit sequence esp. handling dmc firmware loading and runtime- pm. Following patches from v4.5-rc1 address these issues on SKL. * e8ca932 drm/i915: Extract a intel_power_well_enable() function * dcddab3 drm/i915: Extract a intel_power_well_disable() function * 0a9d2be drm/i915/skl: Making DC6 entry is the last call in suspend flow. * 18a04a7 drm/i915: Kill intel_runtime_pm_disable() * ebae38d drm/i915/gen9: csr_init after runtime pm enable * 01a6908 drm/i915: use correct power domain for csr loading * bffbcd9 drm/i915/gen9: Don't try to load garbage dmc firmware on resume * ca1283d drm/i915/skl: Removed assert for csr-fw-loading check during disabling dc6 * 56fcfd6 drm/i915: fix the power well ID for always on wells * fc17f22 drm/i915: fix lookup_power_well for power wells without any domain * 2f693e2 drm/i915: Make turning on/off PW1 and Misc I/O part of the init/fini sequences These patches also fix OEM bug related to audio not working after suspend by close/open lid. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1595803/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

