Public bug reported:

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

bcmwl-kernel-source/xenial,now 6.30.223.248+bdcom-0ubuntu8 amd64 [installed]
  Broadcom 802.11 Linux STA wireless driver source

Everything runs perfect on my HP Envy 17t until I suspend.
rfkill list:

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
1: brcmwl-0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
2: hci0: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no

after coming back however

rfkill list:

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
1: brcmwl-0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: yes

There is no actual switch for the hard lock so I can't unlock it. The
F12 key is a soft switch that continues to work as that, but does me no
good for the hardware lock. This is more of just an annoyance right now
to me as restarting the laptop gets everything working again.

** Affects: bcmwl (Ubuntu)

** Tags: suspend

Packages, which is subscribed to bcmwl in Ubuntu.

  BCM43142 [14e4:4365] (rev 01) hard locks after suspend

Status in bcmwl package in Ubuntu: