Whenever my laptop (HP pavilion 15) is plugged in and when I try to
shutdown or hibernate, the system stops the process somewhere in the
middle and stays in the plymouth logo. Hard drive is stopped, fan is in
working, power and wifi indicator light are glowing. Suspend and resume
work both without any problems. When my laptop is not plugged in, the
system is shutdown or hibernate correctly.

OS: All ubuntu OS and its derivatives (ubuntu 14.04,...,16.04, Linux
mint, Elementary OS)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
ubuntu does not  power off when the laptop is plugged in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1598457