Ubuntu 16.04.1 fails to boot on HP Envy 15-ah150sa laptop right after
the installation.

I tried to install Ubuntu v. 16.04.1 on my HP Envy 15-ah150sa. It
successfully booted from the flash drive with default params (however,
if I tried to edit command line params, for example, to disable acpi or
add nomodeset flag, it fails to boot regardless if I made some changes
in the command or not).

Installation passes without errors, but during the first boot from hard drive,
right after the GRUB, any of the following happens (absolutely randomly):
1. Screen starts to blink constantly, boot doesn't proceeds
2. Screen remains blank (the same background color as grub have) and capslock
starts to turning on and off
3. Screen remains blank and no more requests to HDD being performing

In any of these three cases, laptop doesn't responds to ctrl-alt-del

I tried to:
0. Test memory, HDD and ISO image, install different versions of Ubuntu from
different USB Flash drives.
1. Update BIOS (now it is of latest version (F.14)) - only after that update
Ubuntu booted from USB Flash drive.
2. Disable/enable secure boot
3. Add nomodeset
4. Add acpi=off
5. Boot in different modes

Booting in recovery mode results to a lot of "General Protection Fault" errors.
Booting in upstart mode once was successfull

Not sure if this info will help, but I also tried to install latest
Debian. It boots, but CPU usage appears to be constantly high. Same
issue wasn't found when ran Ubuntu from USB.

** Tags: bot-comment xenial
--
Ubuntu 16.04 fails to boot on HP Envy 15-ah150sa laptop
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1615361