I'm having this problem on my desktop running Ubuntu 16.04. After
resuming from suspend, my CPU (or GPU, not sure) fan is spinning up a
lot more than before doing a suspend. For example, I can watch Youtube
videos without hearing any fan noise normally, but once I've resumed
from standby the fan(s) spin up like crazy.

  Laptop Fan always on after resume from suspend to RAM

Status in acpi package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux-source-2.6.17 package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: initramfs-tools

  After doing a suspend to RAM, the fan is always "on" on my laptop, even if
temperatures are low (where the fan would normally be off before going to sleep
mode for the first time).
  I removed the /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/thermal script and now
everything works fine (fan behaviour is not anymore affected by the suspend to
RAM). It seems like this script does a wrong initialization of something which
is not needed on my PC.
  My laptop is a Toshiba satellite A100-308 with dual core centrino. I have a
basic standard ACPI support, toshiba_acpi and omnibook kernel modules do not
work with my hardware.