I just stumbled across an issue when exercising snapd in 14.04 under
qemu. Sideloading the same snap a few times leads to the following error
message:

  Oct 25 21:37:21 autopkgtest mount[21178]: mount: could not find any
free loop device

Might be unrelated, but thought that I would just note down the data
point, nevertheless.

  Increase number of loopback devices

  Hello,

  As discussed today in the sprint in The Hague, the number of available
  loopback devices limits the number of snaps that may be installed on a
  given system.

  Would it be possible to increase the number of loopback devices to at
  least 4096 or 8192, so that we can increase the number of snaps that
  may be installed?

  Thank you.