Yes, this issue has started after the update and was not occurred after I
upgraded from 14.04 to 16.04 until some of the latest updates, though it might
be pre-last kernel update.
It seems, this issue occurs since the latest version(s) of the 4.4.0-47 kernel,
definitely in 4.4.0-47.68 and might be in 4.4.0-47.50 but I'm not 100% about
that.
---
I tested with the v4.9-rc5 kernel, but it does not support my WiFi network
card, so the test was very fast (I can't work without WiFi).
The issue has not been reproduced, but it is not always reproducable even on
4.4.0-47.68. So it is not known whether the issue exists in the latest kernel
and that is why I've not assigned any tag (kernel-bug-exists-upstream /
kernel-fixed-upstream).
However, another issues discovered on v4.9-rc5:
1. A laptop does not [always] go to the sleep (susbend) mode on lid closing
when the external monitor is plugged, instead the all desktop windows are
relocated to the external monitor.
2. When the external monitor is plugged off, the windows are NOT relocated to
the laptop display, becoming totally unreachable.
---
Peculiarities about the Scrambled UI issue on 4.4.0-47[.68]: all windows
of native apps are affected, but not the Java windows (Chrome browser
and Libre Office UIs work fine).
By the way, besides the Scrambled UI there are a few more issues in the
4.4.0-47[.68]:
1. WiFi network connectivity disappeared (might be when is not used for
some time), but the icon (near the time on the top right corner of the
destop) shows the connection having fine signal strength. The
connectivity restarts when I click on the currently connected network.
2. Sometimes the connectivity disappears totally and the icon clearly
shows it. Then I have to restart the network manager service.
Particularly this issue seems to be present since I upgraded from 14.04
(since the 4.4.0-43.63 kernel).
3. Often the touchpad stops work at all (for example now) though
"xserver-xorg-input-synaptics is already the newest version (1.8.2-1ubuntu3)".
This issue also exists since I upgraded from 14.04.
The touchpad works fine on v4.9-rc5, though the test was very fast and I'm not
sure that this issue is really fixed.
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: Incomplete => Confirmed
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1641152
Title:
Scrambled UI: Text in the Unity windows disappears/mixed after the
resume from the screen idle state
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
Text in Unity windows becomes total mess after suspending and waking
up Ubuntu 16.04. I had this issue a few times, but it is not always
reproducable. The screenshot is attached, where there is disappeared
or mixed text on buttons and window panels (though the copy-paste from
such broken terminal works fine).
$ uname -a
Linux A2XLab 4.4.0-45-generic #66-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 19 14:12:37 UTC 2016
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Note, that there is enoguht RAM and no any external monitors are plugged.
KiB Mem : 7830196 total, 278792 free, 5922752 used, 1628652 buff/cache
KiB Swap: 11999228 total, 8749084 free, 3250144 used. 755228 avail Mem
---
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0: lav 6518 F.... pulseaudio
/dev/snd/controlC1: lav 6518 F.... pulseaudio
CurrentDesktop: Unity
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-10-25 (750 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64
(20140722.2)
MachineType: LENOVO 20A8S28400
Package: linux (not installed)
ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-47-generic
root=UUID=daa4b3a5-47b3-4c16-a1de-2dde0c540c4a ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-47.68-generic 4.4.24
RelatedPackageVersions:
linux-restricted-modules-4.4.0-47-generic N/A
linux-backports-modules-4.4.0-47-generic N/A
linux-firmware 1.157.4
Tags: xenial
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-47-generic x86_64
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-09-11 (63 days ago)
UserGroups: adm cdrom dip docker libvirtd lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
_MarkForUpload: True
dmi.bios.date: 06/06/2014
dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.bios.version: GRET39WW (1.16 )
dmi.board.asset.tag: Not Available
dmi.board.name: 20A8S28400
dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.board.version: Not Defined
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvrGRET39WW(1.16):bd06/06/2014:svnLENOVO:pn20A8S28400:pvrThinkPadX1Carbon2nd:rvnLENOVO:rn20A8S28400:rvrNotDefined:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
dmi.product.name: 20A8S28400
dmi.product.version: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2nd
dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1641152/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp