This change was made by a bot.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Fonts are broken after suspend/resume somtimes

  Please see bug #1652585, as the symptoms reported there are the same I
  see.

  This problem never occurred under Ubuntu 14.04.  The problem started
  occurring after a fresh install of 16.04 on the same hardware (my
  /home directory was carried over).  I'm current on updates and the
  symptoms have not changed since initial installation several months
  ago.

  The problem occurs after a resume, but infrequently.  Maybe every 5th
  or 8th, but I haven't kept track.  Logging out and back in is enough
  to correct the problem.  The font characters in all xterms, on my WM's
  status bar (I run DWM), and in GUI applications are mostly gone, as if
  most text characters have been rendered instead as a space or an
  underscore.  All programs are otherwise responsive.  I'm a heavy xterm
  user, but I also usually have Thunderbird and Mozilla running.

  I'm trying the xorg.conf workaround suggested in bug #1652585 but I
  haven't gone through enough suspend/resume cycles to know for sure if
  it works in my case.

  I will be trying the latest daily live image, but I'm not sure I'll
  get enough runtime over the weekend to guarantee I see the problem
  before I have to revert to using the installed OS on this hardware (my
  daily driver).

  Package: linux-image-4.4.0-57-generic 4.4.0-57.78
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.4
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  smckown    1429 F.... pulseaudio
  Date: Sat Dec 31 13:07:54 2016
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=8ee93cb1-73de-426a-a264-d66f6d85a68d
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  MachineType: LENOVO 2306CTO
  ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-57-generic
root=/dev/mapper/vg0-root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.4.0-57-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.4.0-57-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.157.6
  SourcePackage: linux
  dmi.bios.date: 03/03/2016
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: G2ETA6WW (2.66 )
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Not Available
  dmi.board.name: 2306CTO
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: Not Defined
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvrG2ETA6WW(2.66):bd03/03/2016:svnLENOVO:pn2306CTO:pvrThinkPadX230:rvnLENOVO:rn2306CTO:rvrNotDefined:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
  dmi.product.name: 2306CTO
  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad X230
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO