@Thomas: I've been going back through the test results here and
something isn't making sense. During the bisect you reported that the
kernel built at commit 50f208e18014589971583a8495987194724d56e4 was bad.
This commit has no code changes relative to 4.4.0-54, so they should
behave the same. This makes me think that either the crash is
intermittent, i.e. it might happen sometimes but not other times with
the same kernel, or else that something is changing in your testing or
environment. There's a slight chance that it could be some difference in
the builds, but that's pretty unlikely.

The other question I have is whether or not you're always seeing the
same problem each time you say a kernel is bad. By that I mean you see a
crash with nearly identical messages in the kernel log. If there are
multiple different issues going on it's best to try to focus on one at a
time, if possible (it isn't always possible though if one problem is
interfering with testing for another).

  NFS client : kernel 4.4.0-57 crash with nfsv4 enries in /etc/fstab

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  On (K)ubuntu 16.04.01 (Xenial) Upgrading to kernel 4.4.0-57 the kernel
  crash on boot when in /etc/fstab a nfsv4 entry is active

  When comment the line or set to noauto the kernel boot with no error
  and mounting the nfs shares (after uncomment ) is also possible
  without error

  4.4.0-54 boots without this problem.