Public bug reported:

PCIe NVMe drives are very common in new laptops. The Zesty's kernels (including
latest 4.10 rc8 from CKT PPA) does not support APST (autonomous power state
transitions). A patch does exist :
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-nvme/2017-February/008051.html
https://github.com/damige/linux-nvme

It seems that we cannot expect this before kernel 4.11.

Additionally my laptop CPU does never go under PC3 power saving state,
powertop says. I don't know if it's related.

** Tags: zesty

  Using an NVMe drive causes huge power drain