apport information

** Attachment added: "JournalErrors.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1666561/+attachment/4823505/+files/JournalErrors.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  Ralink RT3290 Wifi Hard Blocked in Ubuntu 16.04.2

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:

  I am having Hp compaq notebook 15-s001tu and i have updated to Ubuntu
  16.04.2(clean install) from linux mint everything works fine except
  the Ralink WIFI.  My wifi is hard blocked from the beginning and i am
  unable to activate it and in ubuntu this cards doesn't works at all.
  When i try to unblock my wifi through rfkill command it doesnt works
  at all, not even by pressing the wifi button in my laptop but it
  windows 10 it works absolutely fine.

  I don't why in any ubuntu version my wifi doesn't works..It always
  shows the disabled status in Network manager applet.

  This bug is exist from ubuntu 15.10 and its not yet fixed. Please provide a
necessary fix for this card because im unable to use wireless in ubuntu 16.04
at all.
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Dependencies:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20170215.2)
  Package: linux-firmware 1.157.8
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.8.0-36.36~16.04.1-generic 4.8.11
  Tags:  xenial
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.5
  Architecture: amd64
  Dependencies:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20170215.2)
  Package: linux-firmware 1.157.8
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron: