I use a very low and laptop with a built in rtl8723b wifi card. I always
used the driver from lwfinger on github and that one worked well.

But now Ubuntu comes with a driver for this card but that does not work on
normal boot.
Strange thing is this driver is initialised after resume from suspend.

So i blacklisted the kernel module with:
echo "blacklist rtl8xxxu" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8xxxu.conf

and used the lwfinger driver from github again.

So with rtl8xxu driver wifi card does not work on normal boot but does
work when recovering from suspend to ram.

Thank you. Bye.

** Tags: bot-comment
--
RTL8723b Kernel driver not loading on normal boot.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1672198