** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  hisi_sas driver updates

Status in linux source package in Zesty:
  In Progress

  The hisi_sas driver we're shipping in hwe-z lacks a number of fixes for NULL
pointer dereferences, error recovery support and SoC errata workarounds that
have since landed upstream prior to v4.12-rc4.

  [Test Case]
  There is no known simple/direct test case for the various issues this
patchset addresses. However, regression testing has been performed with:

  sudo stress-ng --class io --sequential 64

  [Regression Risk]
  This driver is for an HBA that is part of the SoC in the HiSilicon D05 board.
This is the only board with this HBA that Ubuntu supports, so the regression
impact is limited to hardware we have specifically tested.