I am using a Aten KVM switch CS1794 hooked on my computer.
It allows the switching for USB, HDMI, and audio.
http://www.aten.com/global/en/products/kvm/desktop-kvm-switches/cs1794/#.WWrnguk9iUk

I run a Ubuntu 17.04 system.

I experience a very long boot time, having done an analysis it appears
that the main problem is the kernel boot time and more specifically the
time it takes to start its USB subsystem.

when you look at the dsmg output you can clearly see a gap between 4-78s
and 79-91s, all in the USB sub-process.

very long kernel boot time with some KVM switch
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1704614
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages,
which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.