No.

The laptop is a 2017 model.  The source file in question simply doesn't
have an array element that describes/identifies the trackpad.  My
assumption is that the driver maintainer simply hasn't seen a device
with this ID before.

I would be happy to test the latest kernel, but I don;'t see the
required fix in the source code.

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/mfd/intel-lpss-
pci.c#L223

(the missing line is after that one)

If this is not the correct kernel source, please let me know.  This is
master/4.13-rc3 branch.

  Additional initializer needed to recognize trackpad on Lenovo Yoga 720
  laptop

  There's just a 1 line patch required, to add an initializer to array
  of structs scanned to match up the device ID with driver.

  The PR is here:

  https://github.com/torvalds/linux/pull/444#discussion_r131229815

  I've applied the patch and created and booted from a custom kernel and
  it works great.

  The laptop is wonderful running Ubuntu:  I7 7700HQ, 16G RAM, 500G SSD,
  4K touch screen, decent I/O ports.