This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1720620

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  o2 micro sd card reader unrecognised lenovo y520

  Dear Sir,
  I could not find any solution, therefore I am writing to you, might get some
hint how to resolve the following issue:

  system:
  lenovo legion y520 memory card reader issue up to ubuntu desktop (64bit)
17.04.

  hardware:
  02:00.0 SD Host controller: O2 Micro, Inc. Device 8621 (rev 01)

  dmesg:
  [  426.731679] sdhci: Timeout waiting for Buffer Read Ready interrupt during
tuning procedure, falling back to fixed sampling clock
  [  426.733376] mmc0: tuning execution failed
  [  426.733385] mmc0: error -5 whilst initialising SD card

  Issue: hardware not recognized

  Kind Regards
  Attila Kovacs