It seems like it has, I've been running this 4.15 kernel you pointed me
to since yesterday's afternoon, and so far I haven't encountered any
issues.

** Tags added: kernel-fixed-upstream

  Ubuntu kernels 4.10+ hard freeze on Thinkpad X230 about 10 minutes
  after a boot.

  Hi,

  Any Ubuntu kernels since 4.10 hard freeze my X230 about 10 minutes
  after the boot. I don't, unfortunately, have any logs, as usually the
  system freezes before the logs sync to the disk. Immediately before
  the freeze, iwlwifi disconnects and fails to connect back, spewing a
  few messages about firmware errors, and then the whole system freezes.

  The last kernel I can use successfully is Ubuntu 4.8 series.