This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1745636

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: artful

  RT3290 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe don't work.

  Hello, I just installed the Ubuntu 17.10 and my wifi doesn't work
  properly. I can't enable it through the GUI. Sorry about my poor
  report, I don't have to much detail and English is not primary
  language.

  The wifi switch button on the keyboard is always with the red light
  and I can't change it by pressing.

  Release:      17.10
  $ networkctl status wlo1  results:
  ● 2: wlo1
         Link File: /lib/systemd/network/99-default.link
      Network File: n/a
              Type: wlan
             State: off (unmanaged)
            Driver: rt2800pci
            Vendor: Ralink corp.
             Model: RT3290 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe
        HW Address: 80:56:f2:cb:11:cf (Hon Hai Precision Ind. Co.,Ltd.)

  rfkill list all results:
  0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: yes

  iwconfig results:
  wlo1      IEEE 802.11  ESSID:off/any
            Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=off
            Retry short  long limit:2   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
            Power Management:off