Public bug reported:

I used hibernate (with uswsusp) in 17.10 successfully until kernel
4.13.0-21. I cannot resume any more with kernels 25 or 32. I can see
that suspend works fine, resuming the system works fine too (reading the
image is successful according to uswsusp output) until the point where
GDM should come up but the screen just stays black. I tried reaching the
machine via SSH but it's not reachable.

Tested on Lenovo T560 and T530 without discrete graphics.

  No successful resume from hibernate beyond kernel version 4.13.0-21