Public bug reported:
After recent updates that fixed the bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1742675 on my
computer the following different bug has appeared. Playing Youtube music
videos (static picture + music, length 40-70 minutes) in Firefox (as
background for other activities on computer) causes sometimes (rather
often, up to several times per day) freezing of the system. And only
restart through reset button can help.
Initially I though that it is related to different Javascript-related
tasks (manipulating with complex widgets in Chromium, running heavy gulp
tasks through yarn) but it looks they are not the reason (or at least
not the main reason). Because right now I have seen the problem when
keyboard/mouse was not touched at all.
That's why I think this information is rather enough; and I decided to
post this bug.
** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1753010
Title:
after recent updates playing youtube videos in firefox causes
sometimes freezing of the system
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
After recent updates that fixed the bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1742675 on my
computer the following different bug has appeared. Playing Youtube
music videos (static picture + music, length 40-70 minutes) in Firefox
(as background for other activities on computer) causes sometimes
(rather often, up to several times per day) freezing of the system.
And only restart through reset button can help.
Initially I though that it is related to different Javascript-related
tasks (manipulating with complex widgets in Chromium, running heavy
gulp tasks through yarn) but it looks they are not the reason (or at
least not the main reason). Because right now I have seen the problem
when keyboard/mouse was not touched at all.
That's why I think this information is rather enough; and I decided to
post this bug.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1753010/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp