This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1770836

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  amdgpu+xorg possibly marks displays as off while they wake from sleep

  Ubuntu 18.04, all the x, libdrm, kernel, etc. packages up to date.
  KDE.

  When waking the displays from sleep with 4.15 (amdgpu.dc=1) any
  display not yet fully woken up seem to be reported as disconnected.
  This happens both when waking the whole computer from sleep (systemctl
  suspend) or just the displays themselves (due to me not touching
  mouse+keyboard for a while).

  Setup:
  Radeon RX 560
  Primary display: bottom right, displayport, on
  Secondary display 1: left, hdmi, on
  Secondary display 2: top right, dvi, off

  Video of how it should work using 4.4.15 and amdgpu.dc=0:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7nMYbm5ZxU
  Note how even though the left (secondary) display wakes up first, both
instantly display their proper desktops.

  Video of how it works with the current default kernel (and 4.16.7 from
kernel-ppa/mainline): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdVFNXPszSI
  Note how when the left (secondary) display wakes up first, KDE decides that
this is probably the only display available, so tries to switch the primary
desktop to it, then a split second later the bottom right wakes up and KDE
knows *that* should be the primary according to the config, so it switches back.

  My interpretation is that KDE thinks the bottom right display slowly
  waking up is actually off, so it does the reasonable thing and uses
  the other available one as primary.

  One way or the other, that's not how it used to work in older kernels
  (which defaulted to amdgpu.dc=0), so as far as I'm concerned it's a
  regression.