I'm unable to explicitly verify this, as we don't have any systems that
support SDEI - and if we did, they'd probably boot in ACPI mode. I have
booted the updated kernel on an arm64 system though, and observed no
regressions.

** Tags removed: verification-needed-bionic
** Tags added: verification-done-bionic

  Fix initialization failure detection in SDEI for device-tree based
  systems

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  A crash may occur on Device-tree based systems w/ SDEI support, because of an
ignored initialization failure.

  [Test Case]
  No known test case.

  [Regression Risk]
  The code is limited to ARM systems, and the fix is obviously correct (IMO).
I'm unaware of any such system in the field - most SDEI-based systems will
likely be ACPI based.