Public bug reported:

Hello,

 On Ubuntu 18.04 (fully updated), the following configuration does not
work:

 File /etc/modprobe.d/dummy.conf with:

----
 options dummy numdummies=12
----

 File /etc/modules

----
 dummy
----

 The module "dummy" is loaded but, there is no 12 dummies NIC cards!

 The manual workaround is:

---
rmmod dummy
modprobe dummy numdummies=12
---

 I talked on IRC and someone pointed that the dummy module is missing
its "/sys/module/dummy/parameters/" subdir, so, I'm filling this bug
report now.

Cheers!

  Missing "/sys/module/dummy/parameters/" subdir on dummy module