------- Comment From vajai...@in.ibm.com 2018-06-04 11:22 EDT-------
> I built a test kernel with the six commits posted in the bug description.
> The test kernel can be downloaded from:
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~jsalisbury/lp1774471
>
> Can you test this kernel and see if it resolves this bug?
>
> Note about installing test kernels:
> ? If the test kernel is prior to 4.15(Bionic) you need to install the
> linux-image and linux-image-extra .deb packages.
> ? If the test kernel is 4.15(Bionic) or newer, you need to install the
> linux-modules, linux-modules-extra and linux-image-unsigned .deb packages.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Verified the cxl kernel patches and ran quick regression tests which
passed. Please mark the bug as 'Veritied'

  Various fixes for CXL kernel module

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
  In Progress
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  ---Problem Description---
  Couple of CXL patches need to be merged to Ubuntu 18.04.1 kernel source tree.
They fix various issues found after the 18.04 kernel freeze:

  401dca8cbd14 cxl: Set the PBCQ Tunnel BAR register when enabling capi mode
  497a0790e2c6 cxl: Report the tunneled operations status
  ad7b4e8022b9 cxl: Fix possible deadlock when processing page faults from
cxllib
  02b63b420223 cxl: Remove function write_timebase_ctrl_psl9() for PSL9
  cxl: Configure PSL to not use APC virtual machines :
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/899062/
  cxl: Disable prefault_mode in Radix mode :
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/916159/

  ---uname output---
  4.15.0-12-generic

  ---Additional Hardware Info---