Had this on my A315 too, but I returned it to the vendor. Seems to be an
UEFI-Bug, because it doesn't happened with my Ryzen 2500U from HP. Could
also be related to that Ryzen/Radeon 535 combination (Vega/CGN 3).

On Grub-Menu press E and add "pci=noacpi" as kernel-parameter (where normally
"quite splash" is). Then go on booting by pressing F10.
Sometimes (XFCE) it was also necessary to add "nomodeset" to boot, Gnome for
example didn't need it (AFAIK).

I remember, I also needed to install amd's pro driver (for 18.04) via
amdgpu-pro-install to get rid of the "nomodeset". I was able to run
amdgpu-pro-uninstall later and still not needed the "nomodeset". Could be
related to my system, but you may give it a try.
I was also using Kernel 4.17 (Mainline), which is available on
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/ or with UKUU
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/02/ukuu-easy-way-to-install-mainline-kernel-ubuntu

  Ubuntu 18.04 can't load kernel on Acer Aspire A315 (Ryzen5/Radeon/FHD)

Status in amd:
Status in xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu package in Ubuntu:

  CPU: Ryzen 5 2500U
  VGA: Radeon 535
  Notebook: Acer Aspire A315
  I've just bought a new AMD Ryzen/Radeon notebook (Acer Aspire 3) and I wanted
to install an Ubuntu/Kubuntu 18.04 on it. I checked the bios settings and uefi
was the only boot option, so there is no legacy mode what I had used with my
old computer before. I downloaded the normal iso image and made an usb boot
pendrive using mkusb. The boot was okay, I got an uefi type menu but after
starting the kernel it paniced(?) instantly.
  Error messages: ACPI Error [MAC0] Namespace lookup failure
  ACPI ERROR 1 table load failures, 13 successful
  BUG: soft lockup CPU#0 stuck for 22s
  EFI VGA framebuffer device
  clocksource tsc mask
  Switching to colour framebuffer device
  [28.040001] ...

  I've tried to boot the same pendrive on my girlfriend's Acer
  Travelmate with uefi and worked well.

  I searched and I found that the problem is maybe in connection with
  uefi framebuffer but I am not sure.

  Ubuntu 16.04 can be loaded with nomodeset and noacpi parameters but
  for 18.04 none of them are working. I tried 4.16,4.17 kernels too
  (replaced on live usb) but without any success. The result is totally
  equivalent.