This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1777166

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  dependency from linux-image-generic to intel-microcode breaks suspend
  mode on some hardware

  For Ubuntu 18.04 recently (since kernel 4.15.0.23) new dependencies
  have been added from linux-image-generic to intel-microcode and
  amd64-microcode.

  Problem with that is that at least intel-microcode is not compatible with all
hardware:
  For my good old Acer Travelmate 292 (Pentium M Machine), the intel-microcode
package breaks the suspend-to-ram mode: On wakeup system is re-booting
completely, when this package is installed.

  Therefore I'd like to request to change this hard dependency to just a
  recommended one, such that I can easily uninstall intel-microcode
  again.