I don't have the configuration to demonstrate the problem - but I have
verified that on an alternate configuration, the output of 'cat
/sys/class/sas_phy/*/sas_address' is the same before and after the
patch, demonstrating a lack of regression.

** Tags removed: verification-needed-bionic
** Tags added: verification-done-bionic

  Fake SAS addresses for SATA disks on HiSilicon D05 are non-unique

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  One example of where this causes a problem is the /dev/disk/by-path symlink.
Multiple SATA disks on the same controller may have the same symlink, making it
useless as a unique identifier.

  [Test Case]
  On a D05 system w/ SATA disks attached to the onboard SAS controller:
  $ cat /sys/class/sas_phy/*/sas_address
  And look for non-unique addresses.

  [Fix]
  Addressed upstream by incorporating the scsi host's ID into the generated
fake SAS address.

  [Regression Risk]
  Limited to the hisi_sas driver's v2 backend. The only Ubuntu system this
driver supports is the HiSilicon D05, where we can directly test.