To clarify, I'm suggesting:

CONFIG_PAGE_POISONING=y
CONFIG_PAGE_POISONING_ZERO=y
CONFIG_PAGE_POISONING_NO_SANITY=y

this should have no impact on regular boots, and if someone boots with
"page_poison=1" then they get page wiping when page_alloc pages are
freed (and then GFP_ZERO is a no-op since it was already freed), so it
becomes a reasonable trade-off on performance vs gaining the wipe-on-
free ability of the buddy allocator.

  Please enable CONFIG_PAGE_POISONING

  I'd like to be able to use page poisoning, but CONFIG_PAGE_POISONING
  is not enabled on Ubuntu. (This option itself has a near-zero
  performance impact since it must be combined with the boot option
  "page_poison=1" to actually enable the poisoning.)

  To make the poisoning (when enabled) less of an impact, I'd also like
  to see CONFIG_PAGE_POISONING_ZERO=y too, which means GFP_ZEROing can
  be skipped.