@Christopher

Done,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-signed-hwe/+bug/1785481

  amdgpu WQHD resolution not working

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  After upgrade to bionic the highest detected resolution of my monitor
  was 1920x1200 instead of the 2560x1440 that it is capable of and that
  worked previously.

  My graphics card is a Radeon RX480 and this seems to be related to the
  AMDGPU DC changes in kernel 4.15.

  This is also fixed on latest 4.16.5 upstream kernel from the kernel
  ppa, i.e. the maximum resolution is correctly detected without
  amdgpu.dc=0 as boot parameter.

  attached are the xorg files after booting the 4.15 and 4.16.5 kernels
  both without amdgpu.dc=0. The main difference seems to be the probed
  modes.

  WORKAROUND: Pass kernel boot parameter:
  amdgpu.dc=0