The whole patches are here
https://git.launchpad.net/~acelankao/+git/ubuntu-bionic/log/?h=tbt_rtd3

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbolt runtime D3 and PCIe D3 Cold support

Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

  Currently in Ubuntu Bionic 4.15 kernel, we already support thunderbolt to
enter runtime D3 Hot, and require BIOS' assist to cut off the power of the
thunderbolt.
  After OSI "Windows 2017.2" (Windows 10 version 1709), BIOS stop cutting off
the power of thunderbolt, and leave it to OS to set thunderbolt to D3 Cold. It
consumes more than 2+Watt during short/long idle when thunderbolt is in D3 Hot,
instead of D3 Cold.

  [Fix]
  To add D3 Cold support, we mainly require this patchset[1] which is targeted
to enter v4.20. To avoid conflicts and solve error/warning message, I cherry
picked 142 and backported 10 commit. I also cherry picked the "Windows 2017.2"
OSI commit[2] as a whole.

  [Test]
  Verified on 2 machines with Alpine Ridge thunderbolt and 1 machine with Titan
Ridge thunderbolt, after S3 30 times, hotplug the thunderbolt dockering, the
HDMI output, Ethernet, USB disk are still working. And verified the SRU stress
test on another Alpine Ridge thunderbolt machine, the result is positive.

  [Regression Potential]
  Medium. Although other engineers and I have done some testing on some
machines, our QA will do a more thoroughly testing when the kernel is in
proposed archive.

  1. https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-acpi/msg83977.html
  2.
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git/commit/?h=for-usb-next&id=140a6c8af798dfcc06796f907656604c6914