Unfortunately, this bug is not reproducible, I don't know how to induce it. And it happens occasionally. It happened one more time after initial bug report. So, twice in 10 days or so. I am willing to test the upstream kernel but I don't know how long would I need to wait for bug to re-appear. And, it will be very hard for me distinguish if the absence of the bug is due to: * bug fix, OR * bug waiting long to re-appear
As far as I remember, there was no system upgrade before the event. Again, I'm not so certain about it because it might have been introduced by an earlier update/upgrade and waited long to appear. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1802382 Title: [860399.181468] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#4 stuck for 23s! [kworker/4:2:9700] Status in linux package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: system was halt after resume. I had to boot via Magic SysRq R-E-I-S-U-B routine. $ cat /proc/version_signature Ubuntu 4.15.0-38.41-generic 4.15.18 ProblemType: KernelOops DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04 Package: linux-image-4.15.0-36-generic 4.15.0-36.39 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-38.41-generic 4.15.18 Uname: Linux 4.15.0-36-generic x86_64 NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia Annotation: Your system might become unstable now and might need to be restarted. ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.4 Architecture: amd64 Date: Thu Nov 8 22:27:35 2018 Failure: oops InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-06-01 (160 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426) MachineType: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. N550JV ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-38-generic root=UUID=d62c0813-bece-408d-8a4c-773ce7fbe368 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=1 PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon. RelatedPackageVersions: kerneloops-daemon N/A SourcePackage: linux Title: [860399.181468] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#4 stuck for 23s! [kworker/4:2:9700] UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) dmi.bios.date: 11/19/2013 dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc. dmi.bios.version: N550JV.208 dmi.board.asset.tag: ATN12345678901234567 dmi.board.name: N550JV dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. dmi.board.version: 1.0 dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag dmi.chassis.type: 10 dmi.chassis.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. dmi.chassis.version: 1.0 dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrN550JV.208:bd11/19/2013:svnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:pnN550JV:pvr1.0:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnN550JV:rvr1.0:cvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:ct10:cvr1.0: dmi.product.family: N dmi.product.name: N550JV dmi.product.version: 1.0 dmi.sys.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1802382/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

