Hi Leonardo,
thanks for your efforts trying to verify that.
Given that you couldn't trigger it I wonder what to do.
Currently it is incomplete waiting for such a test, but as it seems to elude
you I'd suggest we call the bug invalid until we would know otherwise.
For the related bug 1781526 I would think it faces a similar destiny.
There also the test/verification kind of left us with Jhopper.
It was said that this bug here might occur more often if 1781526 would be
applied.
While we couldn't trigger the bug here, I'm reluctant to push a nice but minor
performance fix while we know it might trigger more crashes.
Therefore I'll set BOTH bugs to invalid and would ask the kernel Team to
stop working on this one here until one can provide a working
trigger&verification.
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Cosmic)
Status: In Progress => Invalid
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)
Status: In Progress => Invalid
** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)
Status: In Progress => Invalid
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1788098
Title:
Avoid migration issues with aligned 2MB THB
Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
Incomplete
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Invalid
Status in qemu package in Ubuntu:
Invalid
Status in linux source package in Bionic:
Invalid
Status in linux source package in Cosmic:
Invalid
Bug description:
FYI: This blocks bug 1781526 - once this one here is resolved we can
go on with SRU considerations for 1781526
------- Comment From [email protected] 2018-08-20 17:12 EDT-------
Hi, in some environments it was observed that this qemu patch to
enable THP made it more likely to hit guest migration issues, however
the following kernel patch resolves those migration issues:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc.git/commit/?h=kvm-ppc-next&id=c066fafc595eef5ae3c83ae3a8305956b8c3ef15
KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Use correct pagesize in kvm_unmap_radix()
Once merged upstream, it would be good to include that change as well
to avoid potential migration problems. Should I open a new bug for
that or is it better to track here?
Note Paelzer: I have not seen related migration issues myself, but it
seems reasonable and confirmed by IBM.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-power-systems/+bug/1788098/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp