Thanks. The best guess I can make is a problem in upower or the Nvidia
driver (comment #15). Those are definitely performance problems (100%
CPU for no obvious reason) and could well explain why the keyboard stops
responding.

Maybe next we need to look at the system log in detail... If you can
recover from the problem without rebooting then please run:

  journalctl -b0 > curlog.txt

If you have to reboot to recover from the problem then please run this
after rebooting:

  journalctl -b-1 > prevlog.txt

and send us the resulting log file.

** Also affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 in Ubuntu.

  keyboard not responding after suspend after some time

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in upower package in Ubuntu:

  I work on Lenovo laptop y-700. When I resume system after suspend, keyboards
stop working, and sometimes there are performance problems visible when playing
videos. It happens not immediately but after a few minutes or even a few hours
of working. Restart or shutdown does not finish correctly and I need to hold
the power button for a few seconds.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.10
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'org.gnome.shell' b'had-bluetooth-devices-setup' b'true'
   b'org.gnome.shell' b'app-picker-view' b'uint32 1'
   b'org.gnome.shell' b'favorite-apps' redacted by apport
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'gtk-im-module' b"'gtk-im-context-simple'"
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  Package: gnome-shell 3.30.1-2ubuntu1.18.10.2
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  Tags:  cosmic
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip kvm libvirt lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True