** Description changed:

- 5.0 fixes screen flicker issues with new panel models and on hybrid
- machines, and Intel has prepared a backport for 4.15 which we can use.
- It consists of 50+ cherry-picked commits plus a handful of build fixes:
+ [Impact]
+ 5.0 fixes screen flicker issues with new panel models and on hybrid machines,
and Intel has prepared a backport for 4.15 which we can use. It consists of 50+
cherry-picked commits plus a handful of build fixes:

  git://github.com/vsyrjala/linux.git skl_wm_backport_4.15

- It's a big change which needs to be tested properly on a wide array of
- certified machines.
+ [Test case]
+ Various display configurations with an external monitor connected need to be
tested, preferably on a wider set of hardware
+
+ [Regression potential]
+ The backport was done by Intel, and tested with intel-gpu-tools to do the
right thing, but there's always a chance of regressing something.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem in Ubuntu.

  i915: Backport watermark fixes for gen9+

Status in linux-oem package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in linux-oem source package in Bionic: