@paelzer,
>If anything it might be only (or more likely) showing up when the laptop is
>docked - but I don#t see >how that would happen.
you are completely right!
After you comment I've made detailed experiments with that. And on my ASUS
VivoBook Pro with Intel 8265 problem will appearing quickly after I've put
something under my laptop (cooling dock, any another metal thing). As I think
problem is in signal power settings in driver or something similar. Device is
affected by interference of electromagnetic waves that radiated by themself...

Very interesting fact that in Windows 10 with standard drivers all works
fine in the same conditions...

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  iwlwifi Microcode SW error detected.  Restarting 0x2000000.

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:

  This seems to be a return of an existing bug, in newer hardware and
  microcode versions.

  Wireless card: Intel Corporation Wireless 8265 / 8275 [8086:24fd] (rev 78)
  Firmware version: 34.0.1

  Frequent errors as soon as I connect to wifi:
  Microcode SW error detected.  Restarting 0x2000000.

  Expected to happen: Great and stable wifi like a couple of weeks ago
  What happens: very slow, intermittent internet access, lots of ping loss

  Found a suggestion of a workaround: adding these lines to
  /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

  [device]
  wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no

  These lines were already there, not added by me.

  Package: linux-firmware 1.173.2 [modified: lib/firmware/iwlwifi-8265-36.ucode]
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.5
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Nov 23 15:23:54 2018
  Dependencies:

  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: linux-firmware