Public bug reported:
I install Xubuntu 18.04.2 in kvm(debian 9.8 host), and upgrade to latest
4.15.0-47 kernel recently. I get a black screen after grub boot menu. I
had tried to downgrade to 4.15.0-46 kernel, and it's also black screen,
but it's ok after downgrade to 4.15.0-45 kernel.
Finally, I find I only get black screen after start with 4.15.0-47
kernel(or 4.15.0-46 kernel) if I set my VM display to spice/qxl. My
Xubuntu VM can boot normally if I set display to spice/vmvga or any
other options.
Any help would be appreciated.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: linux-image-4.15.0-47-generic 4.15.0-47.50
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-45.48-generic 4.15.18
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-45-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.6
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0: tony 1096 F.... pulseaudio
CurrentDesktop: XFCE
Date: Sun Apr 14 03:05:38 2019
InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-12-24 (110 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
IwConfig:
ens3 no wireless extensions.
lo no wireless extensions.
Lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0627:0001 Adomax Technology Co., Ltd
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
MachineType: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996)
ProcFB: 0 qxldrmfb
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-45-generic
root=UUID=5b6b407c-d00b-4e08-9921-ce2e5612555c ro quiet splash vt.handoff=1
RelatedPackageVersions:
linux-restricted-modules-4.15.0-45-generic N/A
linux-backports-modules-4.15.0-45-generic N/A
linux-firmware 1.173.3
RfKill:
SourcePackage: linux
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
dmi.bios.date: 04/01/2014
dmi.bios.vendor: SeaBIOS
dmi.bios.version: 1.10.2-1
dmi.chassis.type: 1
dmi.chassis.vendor: QEMU
dmi.chassis.version: pc-i440fx-2.8
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnSeaBIOS:bvr1.10.2-1:bd04/01/2014:svnQEMU:pnStandardPC(i440FX+PIIX,1996):pvrpc-i440fx-2.8:cvnQEMU:ct1:cvrpc-i440fx-2.8:
dmi.product.name: Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996)
dmi.product.version: pc-i440fx-2.8
dmi.sys.vendor: QEMU
** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: Confirmed
** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1824648
Title:
black screen after upgrade to kernel 4.15.0-47
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
I install Xubuntu 18.04.2 in kvm(debian 9.8 host), and upgrade to
latest 4.15.0-47 kernel recently. I get a black screen after grub boot
menu. I had tried to downgrade to 4.15.0-46 kernel, and it's also
black screen, but it's ok after downgrade to 4.15.0-45 kernel.
Finally, I find I only get black screen after start with 4.15.0-47
kernel(or 4.15.0-46 kernel) if I set my VM display to spice/qxl. My
Xubuntu VM can boot normally if I set display to spice/vmvga or any
other options.
Any help would be appreciated.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: linux-image-4.15.0-47-generic 4.15.0-47.50
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-45.48-generic 4.15.18
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-45-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.6
Architecture: amd64
AudioDevicesInUse:
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0: tony 1096 F.... pulseaudio
CurrentDesktop: XFCE
Date: Sun Apr 14 03:05:38 2019
InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-12-24 (110 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180725)
IwConfig:
ens3 no wireless extensions.
lo no wireless extensions.
Lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0627:0001 Adomax Technology Co., Ltd
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
MachineType: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996)
ProcFB: 0 qxldrmfb
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-45-generic
root=UUID=5b6b407c-d00b-4e08-9921-ce2e5612555c ro quiet splash vt.handoff=1
RelatedPackageVersions:
linux-restricted-modules-4.15.0-45-generic N/A
linux-backports-modules-4.15.0-45-generic N/A
linux-firmware 1.173.3
RfKill:
SourcePackage: linux
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
dmi.bios.date: 04/01/2014
dmi.bios.vendor: SeaBIOS
dmi.bios.version: 1.10.2-1
dmi.chassis.type: 1
dmi.chassis.vendor: QEMU
dmi.chassis.version: pc-i440fx-2.8
dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnSeaBIOS:bvr1.10.2-1:bd04/01/2014:svnQEMU:pnStandardPC(i440FX+PIIX,1996):pvrpc-i440fx-2.8:cvnQEMU:ct1:cvrpc-i440fx-2.8:
dmi.product.name: Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996)
dmi.product.version: pc-i440fx-2.8
dmi.sys.vendor: QEMU
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1824648/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp