The following commits are required for 4.15:
  - 14a627313893 ("i40e: Check and correct speed values for link on open")
  - 6f0c1b41ae95 ("i40e: Set fec_config when forcing link state")
  - c3880bd159d4 ("i40e: link_down_on_close private flag support")

  network loss and traffic loss problems with i40e 2.1.14-k in Xenial
  HWE Kernel 4.15

Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Confirmed
Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  [SRU Justification]

  = Impact =

  Network loss and traffic loss problems experienced by customer with i40e
2.1.14-k in Xenial HWE Kernel 4.15
  The traffic issues were reported from our customer deployments and we had
Intel helping us with the troubleshooting of the problem.

  = Fix =

  Intel recommends and customer requests application of the following
  commit e78d9a39fd06109022d11c8ca444cfcec2abb290 (upstream Linus tree)

  = Testcase =

  The issue could only be seen in customer environment. Regression
  testing only would be possible.

  = Regression Potential =

  Change is limited to a specific driver, testing should show if there
  is any negative impact.