Hello All,

 I have the same problem with Asus UX433FN and the same symptom as Dunix
reported.
And last but not least, since the last upgraded kernel (4.18.0.20) with Ubuntu
18.10 on my Asus UX433FN, I have the same problem.

   Regards,

  Can't boot from usb live system to install disco dingo 19.04

  I cannot boot from a USB live system with Disco Dingo 19.04 to install
  Ubuntu. I tried several kernel command line options (nomodeset
  modprobe.blacklist=nouveau) but nothing seems to work.

  With acpi=off I can see some output. The boot sequence stops at
  "Freeing unused kernel image memory". Before, there are some UEFI
  error messages (Couldn't get UEFI db list, dbx list). I attached a
  photo of the output. I don't get these errors with 18.10.