Well, the information is correct and very useful. However, those who are
facing an issue with their Samsung printer follow this link <a
href="https://errorcode0x.com/fixed-samsung-printer-error-
code-u1-2320/">samsung printer error code u1-2320</a> and immediately
eliminate all the technical glitches.

  CUPS does not print to LPD printer

Status in cupsys package in Ubuntu:
Status in cupsys source package in Hardy:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Hardy:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux package in Debian:

  Binary package hint: cupsys

  not just a ubuntu issue.  Same issue seen in Debian Sid and now Debian
  stable.  The result of a receint security update?  Ubuntu 7.10 can
  print to lpd printer:  lpd://192.168.200.150/lpt1  Same address/syntax
  used for years.

  Upgraded to Hardy, Samsung ML-1430 printer comes to life, data light
  blinks, nothing comes out.  Printer stops making noice, data light
  continues to blink.  No print ever comes out.  Printer and print
  server (Hawkings Tech. print server, NIC-->LPT port) have to be re-set
  to allow other clients to print.

  Win boxes print just fine.  Ubuntu 7.10 if re-installed prints just
  fine.

  Debian Stable and Sid used to print, no more as of my last Debian test
  (yesterday).  Upstream change made?

  This looks as if the spool is very very very slow and the printer
  times out.  I don't know how to troubleshoot any more then this.  I am
  willing and able to do anything you suggest to pin this down.

  no errors in cups log (uploaded)

  Release:      8.04
  cupsys:
    Installed: 1.3.7-1ubuntu2