Hmm,
no libbpf-dev package in any -proposed just yet.
Neither die I find it in a new queue?
The one place I found it is in:
* Please package libbpf (which is done out of the kernel src) in Debian [for
19.10] (LP: #1826410)
- SAUCE: tools -- fix add ability to disable libbfd
of https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-
team/+archive/ubuntu/proposed/+packages
I have neither found it as package at
https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+build/16796097
nor in the build log:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/423858804/buildlog_ubuntu-disco-amd64.linux_5.0.0-16.17_BUILDING.txt.gz
I'm a bit lost right now, please let me know what to do.
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1826410
Title:
Please package libbpf (which is done out of the kernel src) in Debian
[for 19.10]
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Disco:
Fix Committed
Bug description:
Hi,
Debian packages libbpf and so far does so out of the kernel source [1].
There is some movement to separate that from the kernel source [2] but this
isn't ready yet. So far it is just a sync of the subtree out of the kernel
sources.
Since we do not share our kernel packaging we will not get this for-free
without doing anything.
If there will be an ITP about it in Debian I'll let you know and we can abort
this, but unless that really happens I wanted to ask if you could as well build
the libbpf* packages for 19.10 and onward?
Note: this is not the same bpf lib as [3] despite the similarity in
names.
Reasoning:
BPF becomes more and more important in general and is used in the kernel for
many things. In the case that brought it to my attention it will be a PMD of
DPDK that will need it to control XDP [4]. And XDP in general is an interesting
and rising feature for network acceleration - I'd think it would be helpful to
have this package around in Ubuntu.
[1]: https://packages.debian.org/sid/libbpf-dev
[2]: https://github.com/libbpf/libbpf
[3]: https://github.com/iovisor/bcc
[4]: https://www.iovisor.org/technology/xdp
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1826410/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp