Public bug reported:

I've bougt new notebook with ryzen 3550h onboard (Asus fx705dy) and
noticed one thing: whenever the cpu is fully loaded and the gpu is being
used the cpu sets its freqeuncy to 400MHz and system works slow untill
reboot.

For example:I installed Android Studio. When I open large project in it
and open youtube video in browser or start emulator system works on max
frequency for couple of seconds and then lowers cpu frequency to 400MHz.
If I just compile the project it'll work nice until using gpu.

Another example is I can compile Unreal Engine within 1.5 hours without
such problems if I just let notebook do it without browsing internet.

I've tried a lot of things like settings cpufreq mode to performance
(sudo cpufreq-set -r -g performance), disabling c6 state etc.

The only workaround I found for now is disabling boost for cpu by executing 
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost

Any idea how to work on this system without disabling cpu boost?

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1830522

Title:
  Ryzen 3550h lowers its frequency to 400MHz

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I've bougt new notebook with ryzen 3550h onboard (Asus fx705dy) and
  noticed one thing: whenever the cpu is fully loaded and the gpu is
  being used the cpu sets its freqeuncy to 400MHz and system works slow
  untill reboot.

  For example:I installed Android Studio. When I open large project in
  it and open youtube video in browser or start emulator system works on
  max frequency for couple of seconds and then lowers cpu frequency to
  400MHz. If I just compile the project it'll work nice until using gpu.

  Another example is I can compile Unreal Engine within 1.5 hours
  without such problems if I just let notebook do it without browsing
  internet.

  I've tried a lot of things like settings cpufreq mode to performance
  (sudo cpufreq-set -r -g performance), disabling c6 state etc.

  The only workaround I found for now is disabling boost for cpu by executing 
  echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost

  Any idea how to work on this system without disabling cpu boost?

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1830522/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to