Yeah, it seems to only occur with the TFTP setup that maas creates - and in all
former cases it resolved a few days later - most likely by size of images
changing.
That is the reason we need the files from an affected case.

@Reto - please see in the bug description above, there is a section "If
you are affected, please attach to the bug"

P.S. I'm still waiting on help by the Maas Team to better explain how to
get these artifacts, but get what you can and attach it - if it works
finally to reproduce it outside of Maas I can work on it, otherwise I'm
still bound on waiting for the Maas Team to debug it.

  Composing a VM in MAAS with exactly 2048 MB RAM causes the VM to
  kernel panic

Status in MAAS:
Status in qemu package in Ubuntu:

  Using latest MAAS master, I'm unable to compose a VM over the UI
  successfully when composed with 2048 MB of RAM. By that I mean that
  the VM is created, but it fails with a kernel panic.

  So far this only occurred in MAAS environments and often went away with e.g.
the next daily images. Therefore to reproduce and finally debug/fix this issue
we'd need data from anyone being affected. This list will grow as we identify
more that is needed.

  If you are affected, please attach to the bug
  - the kernel used to boot the guest
  - the initrd used to boot the guest
  - libvirt guest XML used to define the guest
  - PXE config provided to the guest
  - the cloud image used to start the guest (That will likely not fit as bug
    attachment, consider storing it somewhere and contact us)

  TODO: The Maas Team will outline how to get all these artifacts.
  TODO: add reference to the comment outlining this (once added)