You have not stated the versions tested in bionic, hence the
verification is not valid. Can you check that and state which versions
you tested?

One test run needs about 30 mins to an hour (install ubuntu in a VM,
then try to reproduce), so if I can avoid one, that'd be great :)

** Tags removed: verification-needed-disco
** Tags added: verification-done-disco

Packages, which is subscribed to dkms in Ubuntu.

  Enroll key whiptail prompt blocks kernel header package upgrades

Status in dkms package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in dkms source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in dkms source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in dkms source package in Cosmic:
  Fix Committed
Status in dkms source package in Disco:
  Fix Committed
Status in dkms source package in Eoan:

  I noticed that sometimes the system upgrade is blocked in the kernel
  header package's configure phase, in the process manager I found that
  it is blocked by the "Configuring Secure Boot" whiptail prompt started
  by `update-secureboot-policy --enroll-key` which doesn't surface to
  the terminal and hence not interactable.

  Refer the attached screenshot for the process status at the time.

  [Test Case]
  1. Install any out-of-tree dkms packages (like bbswitch-dkms)
  2. Un-enroll keys from MOK, ensure `mokutil --test-key
/var/lib/shim-signed/mok/MOK.der` command returns
"/var/lib/shim-signed/mok/MOK.der is not enrolled"
  3. Ensure SecureBoot is enabled
  4. Install any linux-headers-${version}-generic packages that is currently
not installed, verify if it stucks at configurating state

  [Regression potential]
  Since this change will cause the output of dkms_autoinstaller to appear in
the output of the kernel installs, this may surprise consumers of the dpkg log
with its verbosity.