This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1833916

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  USB-C to HDMI converter is not working with thunderbolt port

Status in Ubuntu:

  [Summary]
  There are 2 USB-C port on my XPS 13 9380, one is Display port on the right
side, the other is thunderbolt on the left side. When I using a USB-C to HDMI
converter to connect an external monitor, it does not work with the thunderbolt
port, but display port is always working.

  I tried 4 different branding converters and get all the same result: DP port
works, Thunderbolt port does NOT.
  Detail syslog and dmesg can be found here
  https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/V4DspmXTZc/

  [Additional information]
  jerry@jerry-XPS-13-9380:~$ lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:Ubuntu
  Release:19.04
  Codename:disco

  kernel-version: 5.0.0-17-generic
  bios-version: 1.3.2
  CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8x)
  system-product-name: XPS 13 9380
  system-manufacturer: Dell Inc.
  GPU: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 3ea0