Public bug reported:

Sometimes I boot the ThinkPad T460p, put it into sleep, wake it up and only
receive a blackscreen until I hardreset the laptop with the power button, last
time all happen without AC power I recognize now.
I don't know if it was coincidence.

$ uname -a
Linux deus-ex-machina 4.18.0-25-generic #26~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 27
07:28:31 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 18.04 / Linux Mint 19.1

In the journalctl I recognize DRM errors.
I put it in sleep 11:xx o'clock and woke it up 14:xx o'lock.
Then I got these DRM errors and did need to hardreset it. (Documented as REBOOT
in the log).

I assume that my 3 bug reports (this, docking station, user session crash) are
related to the nvidia driver in combination with the ubuntu kernel?
Or just coincidence.

  Ubuntu 18.04 Kernel 4.18 - Standby wakeup blackscreen - Hardreset
  needed