Public bug reported:

I found the license of "linux-firmware" prohibits distribution.
I want distributable "linux-firmware" because Ubuntu needs this package and I
want to distribute Ubuntu.

.deb package of "linux-firmware" has "copyright" file in
data.tar.xz/usr/share/doc/linux-firmware/

I quote related sentences below:
------
2. Restrictions. This Software contains trade secrets and in order
   to protect them you may not: (1) distribute copies of the Software
   in any manner, including, but not limited to, distribution through
   web site posting;
------

"linux-firmware" package is included into Ubuntu installer image(iso)
file and distributed.

I also found related bug report.
According to the report, the Adaptec's software was removed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1101636

** Affects: linux-firmware (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  License issue: license prohibits distribution

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu: