[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Ryzen 3550h lowers its frequency to 400MHz

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I've bougt new notebook with ryzen 3550h onboard (Asus fx705dy) and
  noticed one thing: whenever the cpu is fully loaded and the gpu is
  being used the cpu sets its freqeuncy to 400MHz and system works slow
  untill reboot.

  For example:I installed Android Studio. When I open large project in
  it and open youtube video in browser or start emulator system works on
  max frequency for couple of seconds and then lowers cpu frequency to
  400MHz. If I just compile the project it'll work nice until using gpu.

  Another example is I can compile Unreal Engine within 1.5 hours
  without such problems if I just let notebook do it without browsing
  internet.

  I've tried a lot of things like settings cpufreq mode to performance
  (sudo cpufreq-set -r -g performance), disabling c6 state etc.

  The only workaround I found for now is disabling boost for cpu by executing
  echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost

  Any idea how to work on this system without disabling cpu boost?
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu27
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" - Release amd64 (20190416)
  Package: linux (not installed)
  Tags:  disco
  UnreportableReason: The running kernel is not an Ubuntu kernel
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True